Cultural Heritage

Bonifica di Revere pumping station

The pumping station was completed in 1926 as part of the Revere reclamation project.

Its purpose was to drain water from the Oltrepò areas to the right of the River Secchia

Read More

Borgoforte fort

Also called Forte Centrale or Forte Magnaguti, this was built in 1859, along with Forte Noyon in Motteggiana, on the right bank of the River Po, and the Rocchetta and

Read More

Centro Eridano

A building of considerable architectural and historic worth converted to a visitor reception centre for the Isola Boscone nature reserve.

Read More

Chiavica Vallazza

The Chiavica Vallazza divides the Fossalta canal, the oldest in the Oltrepò area, to the right of the River Secchia and dating from the 15C, into two stretches historically known

Read More

Complesso del Forte centrale

These barracks form part of the defensive Quadrilatero of Borgoforte-Motteggiana-Rocchetta-Boccadiganda, a core component of the double bridgehead constructed by the Austrians for defence purposes around 1850. The fort is one

Read More

Complex of the Torriana

This residence with main house, church and other buildings, dated 1650, reflects the influence of Giulio Romano.
The church is the most important architectural building, with an entrance loggia and staircases.

Read More

Corte Bugni

The farm is situated on the border of the municipalities of Tabellano and Torricella. The name stems from the fact that, a long time ago, there used to be several

Read More

Corte Castiglioni

A splendid rural aristocratic home, in which, on 6th December 1478 the famous Baldassare author of il Cortegiano was born. 
Relevant example of exclusive dwelling dating back to the XV century

Read More

Corte Passioncella

A historic complex dating from around 1880 and consisting in a main house, labourers’ dwellings, a barn, cowshed and outhouses.

Read More

Corte Quaranta

A magnificent farmhouse situated below the main dyke of the River Po. Surrounded by splendid scenery, the farm has fortunately been restored and saved from an otherwise certain decline.
Today, this

Read More

Corte Recorlandi

A glance at this farm on maps dating from the times of Maria Theresa of Austria immediately reveals that it consists in two quite separate buildings, constructed parallel to Corso

Read More

Corte Tedolda

A beautiful farm with its own special charm that seems to change shape, depending on where you are standing. Unfortunately, it has been abandoned and is destined to fall into

Read More

Galliano Tower

Galliano seems to have been the name of the builder commissioned by Matilda of Tuscany to construct a castle, destroyed in 1718. All that survives of the complex are one

Read More

Gonzaga Porticoes, Gazzuolo

The porticoes were constructed in the early 16C for Ludovico Gonzaga, son of Gianfrancesco, under the direction of Andrea Bertazzolo of Acquanegra, father of the more famous Gabriele, and probably

Read More

Gonzaga family Town tower

This civic tower is the only one left of the citadel erected by the city of Mantua around the year 1000 and fortified by Ludovico Gonzaga after 1370. It is

Read More

La Pila da Riso del Galeotto

The mill, which Francesco Galeotti started to build in 1763, maintains its original function and consists in a long building housing the husker and mill with the barn on the

Read More

Legenda library system

Instituted in 2002 by merging the Eridano system and the Polirone consortium, the Legenda library system provides services for the libraries of the 21 member towns in the south-east of

Read More

Monument to the 'Mondinas'

Created by the local council in 1998, this commemorates the seasonal workers who toiled in the numerous rice paddies in the area on the left side Mincio from the early

Read More

Mulino Natante

This picturesque shipmill on the river is an external feature of the museum. It is the only life-size reconstruction of a perfectly operational shipmill, a record of the more than

Read More

Ostiglia old castle Towers

There are many sources proving the presence of Ostiglia Old Castle Towers. Nowadays only three of the circle of walls can be seen. One of them is the tower in which is now placed

Read More